Welcome to the TakeAPart Wiki page!
The tobacco industry is one of the most profitable and deadly industries in the world with the global cigarette business valued at USD 559.9 billion.  The World Health Organization estimates that the tobacco epidemic could kill one billion people during the 21st century, with the majority of those deaths occurring in developing countries.  The international tobacco market is dominated by five major transnational tobacco companies, which sell their lethal products in markets around the world: China National Tobacco Company, Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco, Japan Tobacco International, and Imperial Tobacco.
This Wiki is designed as a resource for Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids staff and partners to access the latest information on tobacco industry, developments in the field, its key players and investments. The Wiki’s purpose is to have readily available information for campaign design or media activities. The Wiki is divided into six sections:
- Tobacco Industry: This section includes up-to-date information on the world’s biggest tobacco companies, including Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco, Imperial Brands and Japan Tobacco International.
- Tobacco Litigation: This section contains information on pending and completed litigation against the tobacco industry.
- Political Donations: Any information on lobbying costs, donations to political candidates and non-governmental organisations
- Tobacco Sales
- Tobacco Marketing
- Key Stakeholders
The Wiki uses several sources, including:
- Tobacco companies annual reports from 2013 until present
- Tobacco companies websites
- Lobbying registers in the United States and the EU
- Research websites, including Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, Tobacco Tactics by University of Bath and others
- News articles, announcements and press releases
If you have any questions or suggestion, please contact email@example.com.
|November 13, 2018||Philip Morris International|
|November 22, 2018||Imperial Brands|
|December 12, 2018||British American Tobacco|
|December 31, 2018||Imperial Brands|
For a full list of Industry Personnel, visit Tobacco Tactics Industry People Database
- Euromonitor International [database on the Internet]. Cigarettes: Global. Euromonitor International. c 2010 [cited 2010 June 25]
- World Health Organization,WHO Report on the global tobacco epidemic2008, Accessed September 2018